Friday, May 20, 2011

Birthday Dinner

Well, tonight really didn't go as planned, but the food was good.  Today is my daughter's birthday.  Allie turned 18 and she asked me to make her steak, cheesy mashed potatoes with bacon and green beans for supper and a strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert.  I had to work today so I mixed up the cake and threw it in the oven when I got home.  I went upstairs to change my clothes and relax a bit before having to go back down and take the cake out.  Well, I took one look at my computer, remembered I had food to serve in cafe world and promptly forgot about the cake!!!!  Luckily it didn't burn when Allie took it out of the oven but it may turn out a little dry.  We haven't eaten it yet.  I wish the feeling at dinner would have been nicer, but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.  Dinner, itself, did taste very good though.  I hope the rest of the evening mellows out and we can enjoy the start of what's supposed to be a beautiful weekend.  Thanks for dishin with Di.  blessings and good eating!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe Allie is 18!! Where has the time gone? Please give her a hug from me and tell her I am sorry I missed her BD!! I counting on getting together with you & Robin this summer! Love you!

    ReplyDelete