Thursday, March 24, 2011

Are you sure?

Hey foodies!!!  Some days I feel like there is nothing better than a good steak on the grill and last night was one of those nights.  The recipe called for beef tenderloin, but since that wasn't quite in my budget, I got some NY Strip steak instead.  This is my very favorite cut of beef anyway, so I wasn't upset at all.  The marinade for this steak called for beer, green onions, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and Wsauce (worchestershire).  I'd never marinated in beer before and I was worried that I'd taste it too much on the steak.  Beer is not my favorite drink.  Now, if we had marinated it in a little rum, well, there I wouldn't be too concerned!  LOL  Fortunately the beery taste did not come through too much and the steak tasted delicious!  Now the title for this blog actually stemmed from the side salad.  I took a look at the ingredients and wasn't so sure I was going to do this recipe.  It just didn't sound like those ingredients would work, but I stayed true to my adventure and decided to put it together anyway.  Listen to the ingredients; cucumber, red grapes, pineapple chunks, toasted pecans and................bacon ranch dressing!  ??????????  What the heck?  Okie dokie.  Guess what??  The flavors worked!!!!  I was totally shocked and ate two helpings of this salad.  Of course no one else dared to put it on their plate.  Todd wasn't home for this meal or I'm sure he would have tried it despite his dislike of pineapple.  I think he'd enjoy it so I saved the leftovers just in case.  So, now for the picture and recipes:


MARINATED BEEF TENDERLOINS

Directions

  • In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 3/4 cup for basting. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
  • Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
ANYTIME CUCUMBER SALAD

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, grapes, pineapple and pecans. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
There you have it my friends!!!  Thanks for Dishin with Di!  Blessings and good eating!

Ingredients

  • 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled cucumbers
  • 1 cup seedless red grapes
  • 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
  • 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
  • 1/2 cup bacon ranch salad dressing

Ingredients

  • 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 4 beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each)

No comments:

Post a Comment