Monday, March 14, 2011

Pasta, pasta, pasta!

Well, by the number of comments I've gotten on my last few recipes I'm wondering if there is anyone out there anymore?  Good thing I'm doing this because I think it's fun!!!  lol  Well, for those of you who are still following me, let me tell you a little bit about tonight's supper.  First, it was quick.  Second it was easy, and Third, it was delcious!!!!  The smell in the house was simply mouth-watering but i love the smell of garlic and veges cooking.  Everyone was very anxious to taste this meal tonight.  When it came right down to it though, Jonathan wouldn't try it because there were "green things" in the bowl.  His loss!  The rest of the family ate it and really enjoyed it, too.  Ok, so here's the menu:  Chicken Pasta Toss and Carrot Coins with thyme.  Yummy, yummy, yummy. 

CHICKEN PASTA TOSS

Ingredients

  • 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
  • 1/3 cup chopped green onions
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon each onion powder, rubbed sage, white pepper and black pepper
  • Dash cayenne pepper
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

Directions

  • Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, onions and seasonings, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
  • Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain spaghetti; add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.

CARROT COINS WITH THYME

Ingredients

  • 4 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
  • 1 cup sliced celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup butter, cubed
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

  • In a large skillet, saute the carrots, celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the lemon juice, salt, thyme and pepper; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
These recipes are keepers and fantastic if you just want to throw something together after a long day or even entertain a few friends.  Enjoy a nice glass of wine with this meal or an ice cold glass of milk!  Thank you for dishin with Di!  Blessings and good eating!

2 comments:

  1. I love chicken in pasta and is recipe sounds wonderful. It does sound quick and easy lie you said too. Going to print this one right up as I have most of the makings in the fridge now! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetness,
    I love the chicken and you know that I am sucker for pasta. I would drink it if I could :) it was wonderful. It had such a very nice and peppy zesty snap to it and I loved it. I had some last night while I was at work as well for left overs and it tasted just as great. NOW, the carrots were good, but I would have preferred them to be dripping with butter :) Well done, I give the meal 4****'s love ya, Todd

    ReplyDelete