Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Salmon anyone?

Good evening foodies!  Tonight I am a little down-hearted but I didn't want y'all to miss out on the delicious meal I made tonight.  I wasn't sure how this one was going to go since it's fish and you know how I feel about fish.  Both Todd and Dylan joined in with the fish, but Jon had to have steak instead.  I was pleasantly surprised by the fish and of course the corn confetti was fantastic!  Well, anyway, here's the menu:

SALMON WITH CURRY CHUTNEY SAUCE:

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons curry powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3/4 cup chicken broth
  • 1/3 cup mango chutney
  • 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

Directions

  • In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, curry and salt. Add salmon; seal bag and shake to coat.
  • In a large skillet, cook salmon in butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
  • Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the broth, chutney and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
CONFETTI CORN:

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup chopped carrot
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2-3/4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
  • 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
  • 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

Directions

  • In a large skillet, saute carrot in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the corn, water chestnuts, red pepper and parsley; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Well that's it gang!  Hope you try it out.  Thanks for dishin with di!  Blessings and good eating!

1 comment:

  1. Ma,
    That was simple outstanding. The Salmon was so good that I swear that I saw two Grizzly bears looking in the window as I was eating it. It was clear they were very jealous :) I loved the confetti corn.. peppers and water chestnuts were simply awesome. Well done baby girl. I definately give this 4.5*'s. love you.

    ReplyDelete