Thursday, March 17, 2011

What? Don't turn on the oven???

Hey there foodie friends!  Another long and busy day at the middle school, but I wasn't so tired today.  I was able to lie out in the sun for a little bit while Todd power-washed the trailer.  I knew I didn't have to rush to dinner as this meal takes only.............(wait for it.......)............5 minutes to make!!!!!  Whoo hoooo!!!!  And that's not even the best part; I didn't have to turn the oven on!!!  Now that's awesome!  So, are you wondering yet what I made tonight?  I'll give you a couple of minutes to guess....(do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, DO, dododododo) Ok that was a bad version of the Jeopardy theme.  lol  We had Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas and Confetti Corn salad.  I only need the microwave to make this delicious meal.  You've got to check out the recipe below because this is a keeper!  The confetti corn salad was a nice refreshing bite with the enchiladas. Here are the recipes:


CHEESE AND CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 package (9 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken breast, thawed and chopped
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
  • 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
  • 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
  • 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato, divided
  • 2 tablespoons milk

Directions

  • In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine onion and garlic. Cover and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until onion is tender, stirring twice. Stir in the chicken, cream cheese, green chilies, broth, chili powder and cumin. Cover and microwave on high for 45-90 seconds or until cream cheese is melted, stirring twice.
  • Spoon about 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in an ungreased microwave-safe 8-in. square dish.
  • In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the process cheese, 1/4 cup tomato and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until cheese is melted, stirring twice; drizzle over enchiladas. Top with remaining tomato. Microwave enchiladas, uncovered, on high for 45-90 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
CONFETTI CORN SALAD

Ingredients

  • 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
  • 2 radishes, sliced
  • 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing

Directions

  • In a small bowl, combine the corn, olives, peppers and radishes. Add salad dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 servings.

Ok, there it is folks!  Try these out and thanks for dishin with Di!!  Blessings and good eating!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Ma, this was a supermagfantabulous meal and I loved it. If I was the Rock, the wrester, I would say "DO YOU SMELL WHAT DIANA IS COOOOOOOOOKIN?" that is some awesome vittle no doubt. As you know, I loved it eating my entire plate and clearing yours as well. I truly enjoyed the confetti corn salad was great, I just loved it-I could eat that stuff by itself as a meal it was so wonderful. Thank you for making this for me and the chili's were a great touch to the enchaladas. You know that I love my hot stuff, spicy and scruptious all the way around. Well done pretty lady! I give this meal %*****S. hoot-hoot/woot-woot and a holla-holla going out to you. Love always, Todd XO

    ReplyDelete