Monday, March 7, 2011

Breakfast for Supper

howdy foodies!!! I know, I know, I've been gone again for a few days.  Today was a horrific day; I won't go into details, but breakfast was just what I needed.  It's so comforting to me.  The boys needed a little loving too, so we were all happy.  Allie sat this one out. So, what's for breakfast/supper you ask??? Well, it was apple spice waffles with pork sausage patties.  Jon had asked me to chop up the apples real fine since he's not a fan of chunky stuff in his food, so I pulled out my pampered chef chopper and went to town on that granny smith apple.  There were still a few chunks, but they didn't bother him much.  We all had two waffles and one sausage patty.  The patties were really well done, 'cause I will not eat undercooked pork!  Well, Jon goes, "Mom get that hamburger patty off my plate!!!"  It looked just like a pan fried burger.  He hates hamburgers!  It was hilarious.  He wasn't a fan of the sausage either because it was so well done, but hey, Dylan and I liked it.  Oh!  If you're wondering why I'm not mentioning Todd in this meal, it's because he had to stay at work tonight so he missed supper.  :(  Oh well!  Here are the recipes:


APPLE SPICE WAFFLES:

Ingredients

  • 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 eggs
  • 1-1/2 cups milk
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 cup chopped peeled apple

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in apple.
  • Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Yield: 12 waffles.
PORK SAUSAGE PATTIES:

Ingredients

  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • Dash pepper
  • 1 pound sage bulk pork sausage

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
  • In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Oh I forgot to mention that I substituted onion powder for the chopped onion for the boys in the sausage patty.  Otherwise, they wouldn't have touched them.  Anyway, that was supper tonight and now I'm going to put my feet up and do some cross-stitch!  Thanks for dishin' with Di!  Blessings and good eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment