Monday, February 21, 2011

Cranberry Pork Chops with Rice

Howdy foodies!!!!  It's good to be back!  After a busy day in the 4th grade, which was a marvelous class, I was ready to dig into some good food.  I was able to relax for about an hour before hitting the kitchen.  In that hour's time I sat outside and played with Chance and checked on my facebook. It was so beautiful outside!!!  Anyway, I got started on the cranberry pork chops around 5:00pm.  They smelled so good cooking in the pan on the stove.  They were coated with flour seasoned with salt, pepper and seasoned salt and then thrown in a hot pan with olive oil.  After browning the chops on both sides, you cover them with a whole cranberry sauce/balsamic vinegar mixture and cover with a lid.  Cook for about 10 minutes and you've got delicous pork chops!  The rice was a brown rice with dried cranberries.  Instead of boiling water you use chicken broth.  I wasn't really crazy about this dish so I didn't eat much of it.  I enjoyed the pork chops though I'd cut back on some of the balsamic vinegar next time.  Anyway, it was ok.  I'm glad I made some canned corn to go with it, because that got eaten up.  LOL  I guess this is one of those recipes that was great to try but we wouldn't make it again.  :(  Oh well!  You know we're going to get some of those.  If you like cranberries and balsamic vinegar you will love this recipe.  I suggest you try it. 

As you know by now, my children did not eat this meal.  Well, actually, Allie ate a pork chop and some rice.  The boys wouldn't even look at it much less eat it.  They are not the adventurous type that's for sure.  Jon made himself a pizza and Dylan is too busy recording his music to eat supper.  I imagine he'll crawl out of his room at some point and wolf down a bowl of cereal or some oatmeal.  Either way he'll live.  Tomorrow will be a new type of food for us as it is Greek.  Can't wait to try it!  Blessings and good eating!

3 comments:

  1. Ma,
    As you know, you have taken me far out on the limb with the cranberry fruityness. I am all in with the 'try new things' Lord knows I have been saying that to you for years.. different topic :) but I will stick to this one for now. I love your passion and committment to your food, it is clearly evident with all that you do. I will say that this is one dish that was great to try, but quite honestly the cranberry's as you know, are not my favorite. I submit 2**'s for this dinner and look very forward to Dishin' with Di tomorrow night with the Greek style supper. Love you pretty lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greek sounds better to me too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey my Little Diana. The picture does look great! I made bacon wrapped chicken and asparagus meal with rice tonight. Something different and it was good. Keep up the good work. Love you.

    ReplyDelete