Friday, February 11, 2011

My first blog!

Hello there fellow bloggers.  I have just created my first blog!  I was inspired by the movie Julie and Julia and wanted to blog about the dishes I make for my very busy family.  My husband is a Sgt. Major in the Marine Corps and we have three teenage children.  Allie is age 17, Jonathan is 16 and Dylan is 14.  They all have very unique tastes when it comes to food, so cooking for them has become a challenge.  I usually have to modify my recipes in one way or another to suit their tastes. 

Anyway, my first endeavor tonight was making Portobello Roast Beef Hoagies, Pepperoncini Spinach Salad and Chocolate Cake with Coconut Sauce.  I must say I was a little nervous about this because some of the ingredients were unfamiliar to me.  I have never had horseradish before and was afraid of it, but when you smooth it out with sour cream it becomes a mild, spicy condiment that I really enjoyed.  I found my recipes in the Taste of Home quick cooking annual recipes book.  I am going to cook my way through this book as it seems fairly family friendly.  I hope you will try these recipes out and respond to my blogs. 

Let me know what you're cooking in your kitchen tonight!!!!  I'm really looking forward to my next meal which will be Zippy Paprika Chicken, Smashed Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus.  Stay tuned to see how this one turns out! 

2 comments:

  1. You know I am a very visually oriented person. I must say that I appreciate that you posted a photo of your meal! It looks as though it turned out wonderfully.

    I'm looking forward to following your culinary adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, that was some awesome food, without question ****four stars**** I love the food you make, the love you put into it and the smile on your face that shows how happy you are! Well done and keep the great food coming! So excited about what is next :)

    ReplyDelete