Saturday, February 12, 2011

Zippy Paprika Chicken

Well day two of my little project and let me tell you how it went.  I had really been looking forward to making dinner all day just to see how it would turn out.  So here's the menu:  Zippy Paprika Chicken, Smashed Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus.  This meal took about a half hour to make and was very simple; that was a plus because I was worn out after my day of zumba, grocery shopping and laundry.  The Zippy Paprika chicken was a hit with my husband and myself.  The kids were not as excited about it.  Allie did eat it, but I'm not sure how she really felt about it; hard telling with her.  Jonathan said that the outside was a little too done for him; he's used to baked chicken not fried in a pan.  Dylan said it was too spicy for him.  The smashed potatoes were not enjoyed by either of the boys because the skins are left on when you smash them.  Total turnoff for them, but the three of us loved them!!!  That little dash of nutmeg in them was a nice little surprise!  Ah, we come to the unknown in this recipe.  I hadn't had asparagus in many, many years and couldn't remember if I liked it or not.  The children were petrified and Todd was just a little skeptical.  I can say that Allie ate all but the points and Jon said it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be but probably wouldn't be asking for it in the future.  Hahaha He's such a joker. Todd and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper in the oven and it was fabulous!!!!!

I have posted the picture as my profile pic so you can see how it looks plated.  Sorry again about not really being able to see it.  We only have white plates.  :(  Well, come back again to see how we fare with the next meal.  Good eating!

2 comments:

  1. Ma,
    The dinner was supermagfantabulous for sure! I absolutely love the chicken, it was so good that I think a chicken would have eaten the chicken. Your homemade special cream sauce over the browned chicken breast was sassy and spicy, I just loved it. The smashed taters were great as well. The thing that really caught me off guard was the asparagus was great. I never had that in my life and although I was initially hesitant-I really found it to be very tasty indeed. It was great to try something new! I must say that the chocalate cake with vanilla ice cream sure hit the spot. And also, thank you for the hazelnut coffee to top it off! Bravo Zulu and well done. I submit 4 ****'s

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Todd: About the asparagus, see what you have been missing all your life?! I LOVE IT!

    @ Diana: Looks like a tasty meal to me. You can make that for me anytime. ;0)

    ReplyDelete