Monday, February 14, 2011

Pizza anyone?

Happy Valentine's Day faithful followers!  In case you're wondering, I did not make a heart shaped pizza or any special Valentine's day treats.  I meant to, but I was just too busy today.  Here's what I did make though.  Tonight I was dishin' up Family Pleasing Pizza, Tangy Spinach Salad and Cake with Pineapple Pudding.  I'm not so sure how family pleasing the pizza was because only three of us ate it.  Jon bowed out again tonight opting to make a Hoagie instead.  Dylan only ate one piece, so again not sure what that means.  Todd had two slices and I only ate half of mine, but that was more because of my stomach than my taste buds.  I have to go easy on the gluten for the next couple days as I've been a bad girl here lately.  I did eat a slice of the angel food cake with the pineapple pudding though because it looked amazing!!  It tasted just as good as it looked too.  Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of the dessert.  The lighting was bad and then my batteries died in the camera.  Go figure!!!

Anyway, if you plan on making this pizza (the recipe is on the taste of home website), I would recommend baking the pizza about 5 minutes longer than the directions call for or making it on a pizza sheet instead of a 13x9" baking pan.  I like my crust crispy and this was not crispy.  It was more like a deep dish pan pizza.  I would also lighten up on the Italian seasoning sprinkled on top.  It was a little much.  Those would be my changes.  The salad though was awesome!!!  I will be eating more of that for lunch tomorrow!  Don't change a thing in that recipe!  It has chow mein noodles in it which was a nice little crunch of a surprise!  The tangy dressing was superb.  A real hit with me and I will be making that again in the near future.  So that's the dish for the night.  I hope you all enjoyed your special or not so special Valentine's dinners.  Sending love out to you!  Good eating!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day! The Pizza was indeed fresh and yummy. I loved the sausage and tomotoes on top as well. The spinach salad was very good with flavors and tastes that I have never had before, that was very enjoyable and exciting as it was new! You have given a new appreciation for spinich and I will enjoy a great serving of both of these well prepared items tomorrow for lunch. I would say 3***'s for this dish and I look forward to dishin' with Di on Wednesday. Well done sweetheart and again, Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always put tomatoes on top of my homemade pizza now (but after it comes out of the oven). It's a trick I learned from Mike's dad. Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete