Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Greek!!!!!

I finally got around to making this Greek Style Supper and Sesame Pita Chips for dinner.  It was absolutely delicious!!!  The supper was like a goulash with a little twist and the pita chips were a nice tasty healthy crunch.  I must say I was very pleased with this supper.  Todd seemed to enjoy it as well since he went back for seconds.  Chance even enjoyed it, but i guess that doesn't say much since dogs usually will eat anything.  The kids passed on this meal again, no surprise!  I wish they would try new things, but I can't really push them since I did the same thing to my mom.  If it had tomato chunks in it, I found a friend's house to eat at that night.  No lying!  Of course, that didn't work out so well when my friend's mom made liver and onions.  Ouch!  I regretted that decision.  :)  Anyway, I believe you all would love this meal as it only took 30 minutes to throw together and it is very filling not to mention delicious!!!!!! 

Tomorrow there will be no blog for supper as we are attending a retirement dinner for one of Todd's marines.  I think our meal is being catered but not sure by who.  Anyway, it should be delicious.  I will be making up my new menu tonight for the next two weeks.  I know we'll be eating lots of seafood and chicken.  Stay tuned to see what I'm dishing up next!  Blessings and good eating!


Here's the recipe for tonight's supper if anyone is interested!

Ingredients

  • 1/2 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
  • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Hunt’s® Original Diced Tomatoes, undrained
  • 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
  • 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

Directions

  • In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring broth and tomatoes to a boil; add pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
  • Drain beef mixture; add to pasta. Stir in the beans, tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder and cinnamon; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.

1 comment:

  1. To my dear Dishin' Di,
    I really enjoyed the Greek style dinner. The combination of all the ingredients together were a first for me as I lost my greekish virginity tonight :) and it was great and it made my toes curl. I love the sesame chips, a great pop indeed and had a second helping. I did give Chance a small sampling and he put a licking on it as well. Great job ma. I give this meal 3.5 stars.. I look forward to what is coming next! keep on, keepin on like donkey kong :) loveu

    ReplyDelete