Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My favorite meal

Hey there foodies!!!  I just finished eating my favorite meal in the whole wide world.  Well, ok, maybe not since I haven't finished tasting all the foods in the world, but for now this will do.  Tonight I'm dishin' up Monterey Barbecued Chicken and In-a-Flash beans.  I've had this kind of chicken at Chili's restaurant, but this one is better!  I used to call it smothered chicken, but now I know better.  In case you haven't heard of this delectable little dish, it is chicken breasts covered in bacon, green onions, tomoatoes, bbq sauce and topped with cheese.  Oh my!!!!!!  It is absolutely magnificent!!!!  Of course I had to make modifications for the kids.  Allie had bacon, bbq sauce and cheese on hers.  Jon just had the Bbq sauce and Dylan had a plain chicken breast.  Sad to say that Todd was not able to join me tonight for dinner.  He had to have an MRI done on his knee that took a while and then was supposed to go to a mess night at work, but didn't quite make it there either.  I'm sure he is noshing on the leftovers of the last two meals and enjoying himself just as much.  The beans were just canned pork and beans with bbq sauce, onion and green pepper stirred in and heated.  I added a little bit of bacon too since I had some leftover.  We are a bacon loving family as some of you already know!!! 

Again if this meal sounds good to you, you can find the recipes at tasteofhome.com.  This is a wonderfully down home bbq recipe that is just finger licking good!  I will save this recipe and make it many times in the years to come.  I hope you all have enjoyed your meal tonight or maybe I've given you an idea for supper.  Either way I wish you good cheer and many blessings!  Good eating!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, sounds good! Unfortunately I would definitely have to save that for a weekend meal, due to the bacon and cheese that so lavishly adorn the chicken. ;-) We had some BBQ beans tonight too, but ours were just dump and heat. LOL. We also had pulled pork, courtesy of my Pops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken is a favorite of mine always Diana! This recipe sounds and looks great. Good job girl. Love you.

    ReplyDelete