Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Now that's a Sandwich!

Hello all you hungry peeps out there!!  Tonight's supper is not for the faint of stomach!  It is definitely a man-sized sandwich with a very tasty dressing.  The menu called for another spinach salad, but I just couldn't bring myself to make another one seeing as we haven't finished the last one!!  I opted for chips on the side of this mega-hero.  The name of this sandwich is the Italian Mufaletta.  I had the bread freshly made this morning at our commissary.  Thank you Miss Penny!  You carve the bread out like a bread bowl and layer it with the dressing made from chopped green olives, chopped black olives, minced garlic, shredded parmesan and Italian dressing.  Next comes the meat and cheese!!!  Oh yeah!!  Start with oven roasted turkey breast, provolone cheese, hard salami, swiss cheese and deli-fresh bologna. Spread more dressing on top and put the lid back on the bread.  Wow!!  It was almost too pretty to eat!!

I made a very light dessert to snack on after supper.  They are called Star Pastry Snacks.  They are star shaped cutouts of pie crust brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar and mini chocolate chips.  Light and yummy!  This was a very quick meal and satisfied our hunger and then some!  Make sure you are hungry before you sit down to this meal.  Of course this would be a  nice lunch or even a picnic meal.


Until I can get a new camera, please bear with the pictures.  I can't quite figure out what is wrong with the settings on my camera.  Hopefully you get the idea, but if you really want to know what it looks like......make it yourself!  And enjoy!  Have a wonderfully blessed day and keep on trying new things. Come back to dish up more tasty meals with me! Good eating!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mama-Mia! That sandwich was slammin, jammin and into my mouth I was a crammin! great job. I really loved the sandwich with the fresh baked bread and the olive, garlic stylish foo-foo that you made. It was something totally different than I have ever had before and it was simply marvelous! The pastries were delightful and something new and different as well. I really, really enjoyed the two helpings+ of everything. Thank you and great job Dishin' Di. 4****'s

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful Diana! Just the sound of the dressing alone puts it a notch above the rest. Makes me think of Boston! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. It is Saturday night and I am wondering if you are still cooking or if you guys have decided to go on a fast. ;-)

    ReplyDelete